Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy 73rd Birthday To
My Beautiful Mum
(Esther Catherine)

Last night at 11am I finally put the last Strand of wool to mum's blanket..
for her Birthday on Tuesday....
I started just before Christmas ..
being worried that I wouldn't have it completed in time .
this past week I decided not to do any Quilting ..
Just Head Down ...
Mum has been in a nursing home for the Past 8 weeks
she has Dementia...
Tuesday going to visit the Hair Dresser
&
have her hair Styled..
then will have lunch and a Birthday cake ...must treasured each occasion and visit with mum now
Crocheted Blocks
The Blanket is called
Dutch Treat

Mum age about
(15 years)
Thanks For Visiting
Jeni

10 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh my God that photo looks like Nat. The blanket is great and you are an amazing daughter.

Barb said...

Wow, that is awesome....and I agree that you are a wonderful daughter.

Anonymous said...

You have put so much love and effort into the blanket. The result is beautiful :) Nani will love it.

miss~nance said...

Beautiful Blanket. your MUM will love it.

Gail

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Jeni, that is sooooooo beautiful!! What a blessed labour of love it would have been. I love the colours too, simply stunning.

Unknown said...

Your Blanket looks Wonderful Jeni...Love the Colours...I'm sure your Mum will love it this Winter...Yep can see Nat in Your Mum too...
cheers

Fee said...

It is just so lovely and so are you :)) Treasure every moment...... She is lucky to have a lovely daughter like you.

Hugs Fiona

ceecee said...

I know your Mom will just love her gorgeous new blanket. Such a treasure to own something so lovingly made. When I first looked at the photo of your young Mom I thought it was the very young Marilyn Monroe!
Thank you for your visit to my 'dinner party'.
All the best,
Catherine

Leanne said...

What a lovely blanket I am sure it will be of much comfort to your mother.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

This is so special Jeni...and your words sound really heartfelt...Treasure Each Occassion...I hope she had a wonderful birthday...Dzintra